- Additional Information
Focusrite Liquid Mix Product Description
Focusrite Liquid Mix 32 channels provides Compressor and EQ emulations selected from a huge pool of high-quality vintage and modern day classics. 40 Compressors and 20 EQs are available straight out of the box, with an expanding library online. Furthermore, a totally unique hybrid 7-band ‘super EQ’ can be built out of separate classic EQ sections in every one of the 32 channels. Each channel appears as a separate VST/AU/RTAS effect within the sequencer and will work within all major applications, including Pro Tools.
Liquid Mix 32 uses the same patented Dynamic Convolution process as Focusrite’s Liquid Channel. Unlike standard convolution techniques, Dynamic Convolution utilizes vast processing power to sample the effect of a classic processor on a series of audio pulses, at many different gain settings and frequencies. In Liquid Mix, all this processing is done using onboard DSP, so the processing has almost no effect on your computer’s own CPU.
Liquid Mix 32 DSP is housed within an elegant desktop control solution and connects to the computer via Firewire, which also provides bus-powering. The physical metering, screen, rotary controls and buttons on the hardware help to provide a tactile ergonomic solution, placing the sounds of an array of high quality vintage processors at your fingertips. You can choose to control each channel either from the desktop control unit, or from within the sequencer, using a simple GUI that functions exactly like a plug-in.
An optional expansion card is available for Liquid Mix, allowing users to increase the number of available channels at higher sample rates (sold separately). The card is quick and easy to install and fits neatly into the underside of the unit.
- Any Compressor and EQ in history. 40 compressors and 20 EQs, with a free expanding library online.
- Onboard DSP - 32 Channels of Liquid Mix Compression and 32 EQs run off the desktop hardware’s own DSP – many more than are possible with CPU alone
- Software and Hardware control - EQ and Compression can be applied via a hands-on control surface, or within your DAW application via a simple GUI.
- Hybrid Super EQ creation - Unique 7-band super EQs can be created, constructed from separate classic EQ sections of your choosing
- Desktop Metering - Large format LED bar-graphs mean ergonomic display of levels and processor impact.
- Optional Expansion Card - An optional DSP expansion card is available to increase the maximum channel count at higher sample rates.
Focusrite Liquid Mix Additional Information
|Supported Format||VST, Audio Units, RTAS|
|Effect Type||Compressor, Equalizers|