- Additional Information
Equator Audio D8 - Pair Product Description
The Equator D8 (Direct 8) coaxial studio monitors are the next step in the D Series line. Geared for the recording professional, the D8 delivers the crystal clear mid-range detail first presented by the D5s but with higher SPL and and much bigger bass response.
Focused attention was paid to the development details to ensure that they deliver professional sonic performance. These studio monitors feature an expensive coaxially designed transducer with an 8" woofer and a 1" silk tweeter. The frequency response is 44hz to 20khz. The D8s cutting edge digital amplifier provides extremely low distortion with plenty of punch. The internal DSP allows for intricate pin-point accurate adjustments. The D8 was designed specifically to deliver a much bigger sound while maintaining the extreme level of detail that the D5 has been proven to provide.
The D8 studio monitors have pro features; balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced TRS inputs; a calibrated stepped level sensitivity control; a 3 alternate voice boundary selection switch; an all wood cabinet, including a wood front baffle for optimum performance; a fully extended 2.5" perfectly tuned front port, providing superior and accurate extended low-end response. And because the port is on the front baffle, the D8's can be positioned close to a wall with no fear of the low-end being choked.
- 14" x 10" x 12" @ 22 Pounds Each
- Internal DSP for Matched Transducer Output and Meticulous Pre-Set Voicing
- 100 Watts of Power (60w LF | 40w HF)
- Pin-Point Accurate Pre-Set Voicing Aided by Award-Winning Recording Engineers
- Boundry selection (3 Voicings)
- 2.5" Tuned Front Port For Accurate Low-End Extension.
- Steep 4th Order L&R Crossover with DSP Compensation for Reduced Mid-Range Distoriion
- Coaxial Designed 8” Diameter Polypropylene Woofer
- Coaxial Designed 1" Diameter Silk Tweeter
- Electronically Time Corrected
- 10-Biquads for Factory Applied DSP Driver Correction
- 10-Biquads for Factory Applied Voicing Considerations
- Frequency Response: 44Hz - 20kHz (+ or - 3dB)
- Front Ported All Wood MDF Cabinet w/ Small Radius Edges
- Limiter & Driver Protection
- Driver Magnitude Correction
- Power LED
- Sensitivity adjustment (Volume Control)
- Short Circuit Protection
- Thermal Protection
- IEC Power Inlet
- Power on/off Switch
- 1.8 meter EMI Power Cord (115v only)
- Balanced XLR Input (female)
- TRS ¼ Inch Input (female)
- 106dB SPL
Equator Audio D8 - Pair Additional Information