- Additional Information
- Alternative Products
Denon Professional DN-506S (Single) Packages
Denon Professional DN-506S (Single) Product Description
The DN-506S is a compact 3-way tri-amplified speaker capable of exceptionally high performance, suitable for a variety of roles. It is ideal for situations where no-compromise acoustic performance is needed, but where complicated setups and elaborate stacks of external equipment are not feasible or possible. It features studio-grade acoustics, luxurious aesthetics, and innovative proximity controls for flexible placement options.
Well-designed 3-way speakers—like the DN-506S—use a custom high-quality midrange driver specifically intended to cover the critical middle frequencies. Most of the everyday sounds we hear—voices, instruments like saxophone and guitar, naturally-occurring sounds like handclaps, footsteps and slamming doors—are midrange frequencies. Having a driver specifically dedicated to their reproduction maximizes clarity and detail, ideal for situations requiring exceptional speech intelligibility.
The midrange and tweeter are mounted in line with each other (the tweeter is mounted at the apex of the midrange) at precisely the same point in space. Doing so means the sound of the two drivers integrates perfectly, without the audibly-distracting time/arrival distortion of widely-spaced drive units. Instead, our in-line driver design propagates its output in a seamless, uninterrupted time envelope, markedly improving definition and clarity.
A fortuitous by-product of the in-line midrange/tweeter array is that the speaker’s cabinet is no larger than that of a conventional 2-way speaker.
The woofers and midrange are made of Kevlar®. This is an ideal driver diaphragm material: Incredibly strong, stiff and light (it’s even used in military body armor). It provides an incredibly fast transient attack, excellent sensitivity and great resistance to cone flexing and resonant breakup at high power levels.
The dome tweeter uses Ferro-fluid voice coil cooling for added reliability at high power inputs, and Its woven-silk diaphragm imparts virtually no harshness or “listening fatigue” at any SPL, as is often the case with less sophisticated tweeters.
Finally, close attention was paid to the cabinet. It’s radiused at the edges to aid in dispersion and reduce audibly-destructive edge diffraction. The cabinet’s internal bracing has been optimized to ensure that the drivers have a solid, vibration-free platform from which to launch their sound, using computer calculations to determine the woofer port’s characteristics for the best possible bass response.
- Co-axial mid/hi drivers for vocal clarity
- 6.5” woven Kevlar low frequency driver
- 5.25” woven Kevlar mid frequency driver
- 1” silk-dome tweeter
- Versatile 3-band EQ
- Class A/B tri-amplification: 160 watts RMS total (110/30/20)
- 4 VESA mounts on bottom panel and M10 rigging port
- Type: Compact 3-way tri-amplified studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 6.5 inch (165 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded.
- MF Driver: 5.25 inch (133 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded.
- HF Driver: 1 inch (25 mm) silk dome tweeter with integrated wave guide
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency:
- Low-Mid: 400 Hz
- Mid-High: 4 kHz
- Amplifier Power:
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 110 W
- Mid-frequency amplifier power: 30 W
- High-frequency amplifier power: 20 W
- LF cutoff switch: flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Equalizer Controls:
- LF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 100 Hz
- MF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 1 kHz
- HF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 10 kHz
- Bypass switch
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 KΩ balanced, 10 KΩ unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter withvolume control at maximum
- Protection: Output current limiting; over-temperature; transient on/off protectionto prevent loudspeaker "pops"; subsonic filter; external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Metal grille and plastic front baffle with vinyl-laminated high-acoustic efficiency MDF
- Mounting Options: 4 VESA mounts on bottom panel and M10 Rigging Port on rear panel
- Dimensions: 10.6" x 15.4" x 11.2", 268 mm x 391 mm x 285 mm
- Weight (without packaging) : 23.4 lbs, 10.6 kg
Denon Professional DN-506S (Single) Additional Information
|LF Driver Size||6.5"|
|LF Driver Material||Kevlar|
|MF Driver Size||5.25"|
|MF Driver Material||Kevlar|
|HF Driver Size||1"|
|HF Driver Material||Dome|
|Min Frequency Response (Hz)||50 Hz|
|Max Frequency Response (kHz)||20 kHz|
|Max SPL||90 dB|
|Crossover Frequency||4 kHz|
|Port Configuration||Rear Ported|
|Monitor Features||Mounting Points, Rear Panel Volume Control|
|Level Control||Bass, Mid, Treble|
|Input Connectivity||XLR, 1/4" Jack|
Denon Professional DN-506S (Single) Alternative Products
£398.00 Inc VAT
£398.00 Inc VAT
£408.00 Inc VAT
£408.00 Inc VAT