- Additional Information
DBX 266XL Product Description
The DBX 266 XL dual compressor gate breaks it down to the essentials. Square lighted switches let you see it in the dark, but that's about it as flashy as it gets. Onboard the 266XL, there's dbx OverEasy compression, and its Auto Dynamic continually adjusts the actual attack and release times to match the program material, so you aren't limited to using Attack and Release controls only in "peak" operation. It does all that and asks little in return just look at the price! You can't go wrong with the dbx 266XL.
Smooth and musical performance
A problem with many compressors is that they sound anything but musical, with gating that can swallow transients or cut off decay and reverb trails. The dbx 266XL, instead, gives you smooth release characteristics, for a more natural sound. Couple that with its affordable price, and the dbx 226XL is quite a steal for any studio or stage setup.
AutoDynamic feature puts great sound within easy reach
The dbx's AutoDynamic circuitry serves to continuously adjust the actual attack and release times so that they optimally match the program material. It's a goof-proof solutions for great compression, no matter the source.
Can operate in stereo or dual-mono modes
In the dbx 266XL's stereo couple mode, the controls on Channel 1 become Master controls, and Channel 2 follows along precisely, to give you a rock-solid stereo image, even when you're using lots of compression.
DBX 266XL Features:
- Goof proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
- New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- Stereo or dual-mode operation
- Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR
- Side Chain insert
- Classic dbx "Auto" mode
DBX 266XL Additional Information