Sequential Dave Smith Instruments DSM02 Character Module Eurorack Synthesizer Module
Frequently bought together
Sound Designer's Tool Kit
The DSM 02 Eurorack module provides an eclectic assortment of five digital effects:
Girth and Air provide sophisticated low- and high-frequency harmonic enhancement, respectively, for defining and refining a sound. Decimate performs sample rate reduction for adding lo-fi grunge. Hack is a bit-crusher capable of trashing an otherwise clean signal nearly beyond recognition. Drive adds overdrive and saturation, with warmth at one end of the knob and intense harmonic overload at the other. The DSM02 can essentially be used as a final effect for a sound source. The various effects can be subtle to extremely mangled depending on the settings you give it. Trashy sounds can instantly be created by turning up the girth and decimate knobs, which creates an aggressive and totally raw output. Each effect can shape, twist and mangle your sound making the module an ideal tool for transforming and beefing up your sound source.
An Affordable Solution
The Character section of the Pro 2 and Prophet 12 is a fundamental part of what gives those instruments their unique sound. This is designed to make it easy and affordable for modular users to inject some of that character into their rigs. The DSM02 module is a 14HP wide, standard Eurorack format device with interconnections made using 3.5 mm phone jacks. A carefully designed set of inputs allow individual voltage control of effect levels. The module provides two independent audio inputs and two independent audio outputs with shared control, allowing for either mono or stereo operation. The digital signal path provides full 24-bit, 96 kHz resolution for superior audio fidelity.
- 1 CV In - Girth (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - Air (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - Decimate (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - Hack (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - Drive (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 2 Audio In (3.5 mm jack) +/-5V or 10V p-p
- 2 Audio Out (3.5 mm jack)
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Power select: Local 5V or System 5V (jumper included)
- Current draw at Local 5V: +12V @ 150mA, -12V @ 20mA
- Current draw at System 5V: +12V @ 20mA, -12V @ 20mA, +5V @ 150mA
- 2.79" W x 5.06" H (70.8 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Width: 14 HP
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.18" (30.1 mm)
- Mounting screws
- Ribbon cable for power connection
- Power jumper for selecting Local or System power
- Model Name:
- Dave Smith Instruments DSM02 Character Module
FREE Standard Delivery on orders over £99.00.
Orders placed before 4pm will normally be dispatched the same day.
Please refer to our delivery schedule for exceptions.
Delivery Upgrade Options (Over £99)
- DPD Express Next Working Day - £4.99
- Next Working Day Pre 12pm - £8.99
- Saturday / Sunday - £9.99
At Music Matter, our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction with your purchase.
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Music Matter within 30 days of receiving the item, providing it arrives back in new condition.
You have the option of receiving a full refund / exchange within 14 days, or, exchange / credit only within 30 days.
Full Refund Within 14 days
In order to receive a full refund, you must notify us within 14 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have 14 days to return the product to us.
Exchange Within 30 days
In order to exchange an item, you must notify us within 30 days of receiving the goods. Once you have notified us you will have days to return the product to us.
Goods received back 14 days after the cooling of period ends may be rejected.
Your returns period starts the day after you receive the item(s)
Click here to view our full Returns Policy.
Secure Online Payment Powered By Braintree
We accept the following debit / credit cards:
Pay for your item(s) in just a few clicks with PayPal.
Finance provided By etika
We have partnered with etika so you can spread the cost of your purchase. Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout choose "Apply for Finance" as your payment option.
Who can apply for finance?
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be employed at least 16 hours per week, self-employed, retired in receipt of a pension or receiving disability payments.
- You must be a permanent UK resident with at least 3 years UK address history.
- You must have a good credit history with no late payments, debt relief orders, CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcies.
- You must have an active valid email address.
Pay Later with PayPal Pay in 3
Split purchases into three interest-free monthly payments at millions of stores online.
Subject to status. UK residents only. Late fees apply. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. T&Cs apply.
Check out securely with PayPal and choose Pay in 3 from your account.
Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal is a responsible lender. Pay in 3 performance may influence your credit score. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.
Click here to learn more about Pay in 3.
Minimum 12 Months Warranty
All new & used goods supplied by Music Matter are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated).
Many manufacturers offer a free extended warranty upon registration.