The Winter NAMM 2011 brings various new Alesis products for 2011 that expand their Recording and Mixer lines. Let’s jump right into the new product announcements.
Pro Audio Dock For iPad
The StudioDock is the first device that enables anyone with an iPad to create, produce, and perform music with virtually any pro audio gear or instruments. The StudioDock is a universal docking station specifically designed for the iPad, and it gives musicians, recording engineers, and music producers the connectivity they need to create and perform with iPad. Connect all your pro audio gear to virtually any app in the App Store with the StudioDock.
The applications of the iPad for music creation, production, and performance are limited only by your creativity. As an imaginative, cutting-edge music maker, the StudioDock empowers you to seamlessly connect the world of pro audio gear and instruments to the iPad and the massive collection of apps.
- The world’s first pro audio dock for iPad
- Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
- Universal device works with virtually every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
- Perform, craft, create and play back music in virtually any conceivable manner or location
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
- Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4″ for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
- Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modeling appOutputs: pair 1/4″ and 1/4″ headphone with separate volume controls
- Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
Isolating Electronic Drum Headphones
DMPhones are great-sounding headphones ideal for studio and electronic drummers. They employ a comfortable, closed cup design for great isolation from outside noise so drummers don’t have to crank the volume up to 11. Pound away and still keep the volume at a healthy level so you can play longer without risking hearing damage. DMPhones are the first headphones designed specifically for the electronic drummer. Their sleek, piano black finish and minimal size ensures visually unobtrusive appearance onstage. The audience will be riveted to your playing – not the gigantic headphones you’re wearing!
- Great-sounding headphones ideal for studio and electronic drummers
- Comfortable, closed cup, dual-ear design for great isolation from outside noise
- Isolation enables performance and practice at lower sound levels for hearing safety
- Adjustable headband fits virtually all head sizes
- Sleek piano black finish and minimized size for visually unobtrusive appearance onstage
- 1/8″ mini-plug with 1/4″ adapter for universal connectivity
Four-Channel, 24-Bit Recording Interface
The iO4 packs power and function into a compact package. No matter which recording software you like, how many microphones and preamps you have, or how large your library of plug-ins and VSTs, you need a way to get audio into your computer.
The iO4 is a compact audio-recording interface for home, project and portable studio recording setups. This four-channel USB device for Mac and PC-based systems is highly compact to comfortably fit into a mobile recording rig, laptop bag or backpack, yet contains high-quality components and circuitry suitable for the studio.
- Four-channel computer audio-recording interface
- Record up to 24-bit, 48 kHz audio into virtually any software
- Monitor sessions with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs
- High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power
- Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars
- Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring
- MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software with instruments
- USB bus powered no external power supply needed
ALESIS MULTIMIX 16 USB FX
16-Channel Mixer with Effects and USB Audio Interface
The MultiMix 16 USB FX is a live and recording mixer with built-in effects that doubles as a computer recording interface so you can mix, record, or do both at the same time. Whether you are mixing a band or sub-mixing a group of inputs such as a drumset, the MultiMix 16 USB FX is easy to use, rugged, and packed with features. Offering microphone inputs with phantom power, guitar-direct inputs, and line-level inputs for connecting everything else, plus a selection of stage-ready effects, the MultiMix 16 USB FX delivers clean audio to your PA and recording systems.
- 16-channel mixer with mic, line, and guitar-level inputs
- 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz stereo in, stereo out via USB for easy recording and playback from your computer
- Eight XLR inputs with gain trim, switchable high-pass filters, and 48V phantom power
- 1/4-inch line-level inputs for instruments and high-impedance guitar input for direct-connecting guitars
- Powerful EQ: three-band with sweepable parametric mids on channels 1 – 4, three-band on 5 – 8, two-band on 8 – 16
- Built-in DSP effects with footswitch bypass control and Aux buss for external processing
- Multicolor LED metering for visual level feedback
- Main and headphone outputs with independent level controls
- Class compliant, plug-and-play USB for Mac and PC interface without installing drivers
- Includes Cubase LE software for tracking and editing on your Mac or PC
ALESIS GUITARLINK PLUS
Computer Guitar-Processing System
Shape your sound with the perfect tone using your Mac or PC GuitarLink Plus combines Alesis’ GuitarLink guitar-to-USB cable with Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE software to empower every guitarist with the processing capability of his or her computer.
Whether you’re recording, performing or practicing, GuitarLink Plus enables you to easily connect guitars, basses, and other instruments directly to your computer. GuitarLink Plus’ internal, analog-to-digital conversion injects studio-quality, 16-bit, 44.1 kHz digital audio straight to a computer without the need to install drivers.
- Connects guitar and other line-level instruments to your computer
- Internal, analog-to-digital audio conversion at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC
- 16.5-foot length (5m) to provide unrestricted performances
- Compatible with most Mac and Windows class-compliant drivers and software
- Included Guitar Rig LE software lets you shape your sound and record your performances