- Additional Information
Beyerdynamic A 20 Product Description
With the A 20 you will rediscover your dynamic headphones.
This new headphone amplifier from beyerdynamic is perfect for all headphone applications and provides dual outputs for shared listening with a partner.
The circuit of the A20 is designed based on our legendary A 1 reference headphone amplifier. The discrete output stage provides plenty of power even for high-impedance headphones while the dynamic, open and precise sound sets the A 20 apart from what can be found in the normal output stages of regular amplifiers or receivers. This is confirmed by its first-class circuitry and excellent technical specifications that provide a balanced sound for long periods of comfortable listening.
High build-quality and nice looks
Made of brushed aluminum, the housing of the A 20 is especially solid and resonance-free. Due to the innovative chassis design, no screws are visible on the external surfaces. Equipped with an original ALPS potentiometer for variable volume control, a knob turned from solid aluminum completes the attractive yet robust look of this amplifier.
Simple and Flexible
With a high-gain RCA input, the A 20 works easily with most sources. The input signal can be looped through and is entirely free from signal-loss thanks to the hard-wired RCA output. Due to the built-in power supply, which is connected via a detachable power cord (supplied), no external power supply is needed avoiding disturbing background noise. Thanks to the dual headphone jacks on the front, two people can listen to the A 20 together without an adapter cable.
- Two 6.35 mm headphone outputs
- Elegant and solid all-metal housing
- Particularly open, transparent sound
- Also suitable for 600 Ohms headphones
- Dimensions 164 x 212 x 55 mm
- Frequency range 10 Hz - 100 kHz (-1 dB)
- T.H.D. 0.01 % at 170 mW / 250 Ω
- Maximum output power 170 mW / 250 Ω
- Unweighted signal-to-noise ratio > 100 dB (unweighted)
- Channel separation > 80 dB at 1 kHz / 250 Ω
- Headphone outputs 2 stereo jack outputs 6.35 mm (1/4") in parallel mode
- Analog inputs 1 pair RCA
- Analog outputs 1 pair RCA
- Net weight without packaging 1640 g
Beyerdynamic A 20 Additional Information