- Additional Information
Avid Pro Tools 9 Student Edition Product Description
You are eligible for an educational discount of Avid Pro Tools 9 if you are:
- A student currently enrolled in full-time educational studies, ranging from primary school up to advanced degree programs.
- A student in a part-time program that consists of 20 hours or more study time per week, or one that runs for 12 months or more. The area of studies is irrelevant.
- Enrolled in a dedicated Pro Tools course. (We're not talking about weekend seminars here!) This can also be an online course by Berkleemusic.
- A teacher who is currently employed full- or part-time at a school or university in any field. Part-time and private teachers must work at least 20 hours per week to qualify.
Leveraging a next-generation architecture, Pro Tools 9 offers an unprecedented choice to work with Avid audio interfaces, third-party audio interfaces, or no hardware at all when using the built-in audio capabilities of a Mac or PC. This first-ever software-only option for Pro Tools delivers the most open, flexible and feature rich version in history, while also providing top professional features that have been requested. Also, new support for the Avid EUCON open Ethernet protocol now enables customers to expand control surface options to include Avid’s Artist Series and Pro Series audio consoles and controllers (formerly Euphonix)
Pro Tools version 9 features an all-new versatile workflow design - enabling you to work the way you want - either as a software only tool, or with hardware options that include a variety of Avid audio interfaces, or third-party audio interfaces as a result of new Core Audio and ASIO driver support.
PT9 also features Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) which gives you the ability to create better sounding mixes faster. Users can now mix and record with increased alignment and phase accuracy, without the need to manually compensate for latencies from hardware I/Os, internal and external routing, and plug-in algorithm processing.
The software only version of Pro Tools also offers more audio tracks and busses, allowing you to create more elaborate music and audio productions, with support for 96 mono or stereo voices in the new software-only version of Pro Tools (192 voices with Pro Tools HD systems), 256 internal busses, and 160 auxiliary tracks.
From the aspiring enthusiast to the professional - can now create sophisticated, great sounding mixes, whether they’re at home, on the road, or working in a large facility using an open, flexible workflow for enhanced collaboration and creativity.
- Versatile workflow design options
- Supports third-party audio interfaces with Core Audio and ASIO
- EUCON support
- Automatic Delay Compensation
- More audio tracks and busses
- Advanced production toolset
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange and MP3 export
- Built-in Time Code Ruler
- Updated 7.1 surround panner
- New variable stereo pan depths
Avid Pro Tools 9 Student Edition Additional Information
|Application||Sequencing, Recording, Audio Editing|