- Additional Information
Apogee Symphony I/O mkII Thunderbolt 2 x 6 Product Description
The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), intuitive touchscreen display and optional world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering, Symphony I/O Mk II is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio. The new Symphony I/O Mk II comes with direct connectivity to one of three different platforms - Thunderbolt™, Pro Tools® HD or Waves SoundGrid® network.
INPUT AND OUTPUT FLEXIBILITY
There is a Symphony I/O Mk II solution everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base configurations, 2x6, 8x8 Mk II, 16x16 Mk II, 8x8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows.
With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O Mk II offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
FRONT PANEL TOUCHSCREEN WITH COMPREHENSIVE CONTROL
All of Symphony I/O Mk II’s essential input and output settings can be accessed from the front panel touchscreen. Change your input selection, monitoring levels, mic pre gain or calibrate your Symphony I/O Mk II to match the levels of the other analog gear in your system.
A high-resolution TFT display delivers all the visual feedback critical for recording and monitoring. Without looking at your computer, Symphony I/O Mk II lets you see metering for up to 64 channels of I/O, 32 IN x 32 OUT - signal levels, polarity, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit.
DYNAMIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL
Symphony I/O Mk II features advanced controls to keep the unit running at an ideal temperature, ensuring the highest level of performance and reliability. The new temperature controls are complemented by an improved fan and chassis ventilation design, which allows adequate component cooling to occur quietly.
IN THE BOX
Symphony I/O Mk II Interface 3-pin IEC power cable Quick Start Guide Warranty Booklet
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Thunderbolt connectivity
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.
Technical SpecificationsAnalog to Digital:
- THD+N: -115dB @ 22dBu (0.00020%) unweighted
- Dynamic range: 122dB A weighted
- Maximum input levels:
- +4dB setting: +24dBu
- -10dB setting: +6dBV
- Frequency response at 44.1kHz: 1-20,000 Hz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Input impedance: 10K
- THD+N: -119dB @ 21dBu (0.00014%) unweighted
- Dynamic Range: 126dB A weighted
- Max output levels – ∞ to +24dBu
- Frequency response at 44.1 kHz: dc to 20kHz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Output impedance: 25 Ohm
- Outputs are balanced through Apogee’s proprietary Perfect Symmetry Circuitry (PSC)
- 1 stereo 1/4″ headphone output on front panel
- -110dB @19dBu into 600 Ohm (=80mW)
- -101dB @14dBu into 32 Ohm (=470mW)
- Dynamic Range: 121db A weighted
- Output: Apogee’s proprietary Constant Current Drive™ provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- 90-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 150W
- Thunderbolt: Mac OS only 10.9.5 and above
- HD: Any Mac or PC running Pro Tools HD 9 or greater
- Symphony I/O Mk II Interface
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Booklet
- Inches: 17.75 (19 with Rack Ears) x 11.5 x 3.5
- Centimeters: 45 (48.26 with Rack Ears) x 29.2 x 8.9
- Symphony I/O Chassis Box
- Inches: 22.875 x 17.75 x 9.25
- Centimeters: 58.1 x 45.1 x 23.5
- I/O Module Box
- Inches: 13.75 x 12.25 x 3.25
- Centimeters: 34.9 x 31.1 x 8.3
Apogee Symphony I/O mkII Thunderbolt 2 x 6 Additional Information