- Additional Information
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX Product Description
A solid mixer with great effects! The Allen & Heath ZED-12FX is the perfect center to your live rig — and it's also ready to rock in the studio. First of all, the ZED-12FX gives you all the connections you need to hook up a small band, a duo, or a solo performer. Thanks to the 6 mic/line channels (these preamps are awesome, by the way) you can connect all the mics and DI boxes you need. Plus you've got three dual-stereo channels available, each with a gain control and a 2-band EQ. The FX in the name, though, is what takes the cake. Here, you can get tweaky with the ZED-12FX's 16 separate effects, for nailing the perfect, polished live sound.
Check out these effects! Allen & Heath crafted 16 separate effects into the ZED-12FX mixer, ready for any kind of live sound material you face. These effects include a number of useful delays and reverbs, including a ping-pong delay and a selection of reverbs with different room/hall/arena properties. You'll also dig the flanger and the chorus. Each effect has a parameter you can tweak to dial in your sound. Five of the effects support tap tempo, for really getting into the groove.
However, unlike many other mixers with onboard effects, the ZED-12FX is first and foremost a mixer. The ZED-12FX has DuoPre preamps that sport a massive 69dB of gain, plus tons of routing options. It has four aux sends available — sends 1 and 2 are prefade and sends 3 and 4 are postfade for monitoring with effects. You can send a stereo signal via USB right to your computer. The ZED-12FX is Mac and PC compatible, and you've got three send/return configurations for recording, playback, and external FX. That's a lot of power. Plus, you get a copy of SONAR LE recording software included for free, giving you a straightforward recording solution on your PC. You can't go wrong with the Allen & Heath ZED-12FX.
- 12-channel mixer with 6 mic/line inputs and 3 stereo line channels
- Inserts on all mono channels
- Configurable USB stereo audio input/output
- Includes a free copy of SONAR LE recording software for PC
- 100mm smooth-action faders
- Features 4 auxiliary sends: 2 pre, 1 post, and 1 post/FX
- 6 channels with DuoPre microphone preamplifiers and highpass filters
- Musical 3-band EQ on 6 main channels; 2-band EQ on the stereo channels
- 16 built-in 24-bit effects, including delays, reverbs, flange, and chorus
- ⅕" and ⅛" headphone outputs
- 19" rackmounting kit available
Allen & Heath ZED-12FX Additional Information
|Brand||Allen & Heath|
|Mixer Connection||Analogue, USB|