Audio Interface manufacturer MOTU announce an exciting new addition to the MOTU range, the Track16 priced at £499.00.
MOTU Track16 takes the key technologies that make the MOTU rack-mountable audio interfaces such a popular choice and re-packages them in an elegant, contemporary form-factor that is a perfect match for a moder computer-based personal studio. Despite its compact size there is plenty of I/O available in multiple formats – 14 input channels and 16 output channels in total – either directly on the chassis or via the high-quality custom breakout cable that is included:
- two microphone preamp inputs with individually adjustable 48V phantom power and -20dB pad
- two Hi-Zguitar inputs
- 2 x balanced quarter-inch inputs switchable between -10 dB or +4 dB
- Stereo mini-jack input, ideal for iPad or other consumer devices
- four balanced analog outputs
- two headphone jacks
- optical I/O configurable as 8-channel ADAT, 4-channel SMUX or 2-channel TOSlink
An astonishing array of inputs and outputs, Track16 can record two mics, two guitars, a keyboard, a sound module, and eight optical channels simultaneously.
How can such a compact unit offer 16 channels of input and 14 channels of output, simultaneously, with mixing? The short answer: Track16 truly is an engineering achievement, packing the same quantity and quality of audio channels as other interfaces that cost hundreds more.