In this article Music Matter run through the best MIDI controllers for Traktor, the most popular DJ software on the planet. Over the past 2 years Native Instruments has moved towards manufacturing hardware MIDI controllers dedicated to controlling Traktor. It’s no suprise then that the controllers best suited to Traktor are the ones made in house and developed by Native Instruments. There are lots of other controllers on the market from big name brands, but if you want to get the most out of Traktor we recommend using one (or as many as you want) of these.
- Dedicated Controls For Traktor
- Tactile Controls and Layout
- Loop & Browse Knobs
- FX Controls
- Back-lit Buttons
- Traktor Pro 2.5 Included
The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol X1 Performance DJ Controller is a compact tactile control surface for both Native Instruments Traktor, and third-party software. An array of tactile controls that include knobs, back-lit buttons and switches are preset for use with Traktor software, but may be easily reassigned. Native Instruments’ high resolution protocol gives the hardware a smoother and more precise feel compared to regular MIDI controllers. Its compact, lightweight design makes it completely portable and ideal for mobile and nightclub DJs alike.
Bi-directional communication with Traktor via Native Instruments’ high resolution protocol gives the hardware a smoother and more precise feel compared to regular MIDI controllers. All buttons and knobs have been pre-mapped for optimum Traktor use but can be re-configured in any way you like. Traktor Kontrol X1 can also be used as a MIDI controller for any software as well as expanded with a second unit to control four decks and four FX units.
- Designed by the creators of TRAKTOR
- Includes flagship TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 software with Remix Decks™
- Plug and play – instant recognition by TRAKTOR with no setup required
- Precision designed high-end buttons, knobs and encoders
- Software controlled backlit buttons for comprehensive visual feedback
- Lightweight, robust housing with slim, ultra-portable form factor – fits perfectly alongside a standard club mixer
- Super-intuitive loop and cue control section
- 8 knobs and 8 buttons for simultaneous access to all effect parameters of both decks
- Push encoders for browsing and loading tracks to each deck instantly
- Expandable – connect two X1s to control four decks
- Compatible – incl. MIDI templates for controlling other DJ and performance software
- Features 16 Multi-Colored DJ Touch Pads
- Fire Loops & One-Shot Samples
- Four Filter Knobs & Four Volume Faders
- Works with Traktor Pro 2.5 DJ Software
- Controller for Powerful Remix Decks
- Equipped with 4GB of Preloaded Sounds
- Slim Profile Fits in with DJ Equipment
- Store Your Own Samples & Sounds
- Switch Between Up to 64 Tracks
The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol F1 is a unique hardware controller for the Remix Decks in the Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2.5 DJ software. The colorful controller features 16 multi-colored pads, which you can use to initiate loops and samples. The F1 also features four dedicated filter knobs and volume faders for mixing sounds as you DJ. Designed to work with the Traktor Pro 2.5 DJ software, the F1 allows you to assign a sample on the hardware pad and see the software follow suit. This affords ultra-tight cohesion between your physical DJ realm and your DJ support software. Loading samples, sounds and loops has never been easier.
For added convenience, the F1 hardware controller is equipped with 4GB of preloaded, premium loops and one-shot samples. This sound collection delivers more than ten complete Remix Sets. Plus, you can use the 4GB to load your own sounds and samples. In fact, you can even record live DJ sessions right onto the F1 controller. With 4GB of preloaded sounds and a hardware controller that gives you full sonic access to the Remix Decks in Traktor Pro 2.5 DJ software, the F1 will really take your DJ-ing to a higher level.
- Traktor Kontrol F1 is the definitive hardware for controlling the powerful Remix Decks
- Traktor Pro 2.5 DJ software is included with F1 purchase
- Features 16 multi-colored pads, four filter knobs and four volume faders
- Includes around 4GB of premium grade sound, pre-loaded as Remix Sets
- Import your own samples and even capture loops or sounds live
- Transforms your DJ set into a dynamic live performance
- Traktor Pro 2 Software Built In
- Intuitive 2-Channel / 2 Deck Design
- Third Sample Channel
- Controls for Multi Effects Units
- Cirrus Logic AD/DA Converters
- 1/4″ TRS Outputs
- 24-Bit / 96kHz Audio Resolution
- 3-Band EQ & Long Life Faders
- Faster Than MIDI – 30x More Data Per Sec
- Windows & Mac
The Traktor Kontrol S2 2.1 Channel DJ System delivers a robust, straightforward yet powerful control surface for the home DJ, mobile and professional club DJ alike. Traktor Kontrol S2 2.1 is a streamlined version of the flagship Kontrol S4 with a 2-channel layout and control of up to 2 decks and a third channel reserved for sample triggering. Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2 DJ software is built in, making it a complete and powerful package right out of the box.
The software delivers a wealth of looping, sampling and effects features that are sure to keep creative DJs inspired. The control surface itself features a layout that mirrors Traktor software, so there is no guesswork or assignments. Two large jog-shuttle wheels manipulate scratching, cuing, filters, effects, track searches and more. The mixer section features a 3-band EQ section and long life master and level faders.
Of course the Kontrol S2 2.1 delivers the sound quality necessary to perform during demanding gigs. The rear panel features balanced and unbalanced outputs and a headphone output is featured on the front. Professional level Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters provide an audio response of up to 24-bit/ 96kHz for serious sound. Traktor Kontrol S2 2.1 is built tough and compact for easy transport.
- 2.1-channel performance DJ system with sample decks
- Ergonomic mixer section and 3-band EQ for full sonic control
- 4 dedicated hot-cue buttons for remixes on the fly, switchable to sample deck trigger buttons
- High-resolution, pressure-sensitive jog wheels for precise track control
- 2 advanced FX units for controlling all of Tractor’s 30+ pro effects
- Built-in DJ audio interface with studio-quality credentials for punchy sound
- Powerful MP3 handling with iTunes integration and iPod compatibility
- 2 x stereo outputs for master and monitor stereo 1/4″ TRS balanced for PA
- Microphone input with gain control and mute button
- Plug & play with included Traktor Pro 2 software, start mixing immediately
- 4 Channel DJ Controller
- 24 Bit/96 kHz Soundcard
- Electromagnetic Jog Wheels
- Integrated TRAKTOR PRO S4 Software
- Robust Rotary Knobs
- 3-Band EQs
- Switchable Xone & Traktor Filters
- Inputs Turntables or CD Decks
- USB 2.0 Port
The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S-4 DJ Software Controller delivers an integrated hardware/software DJ mixing environment, designed to satisfy discerning professional DJs, serious home DJs, working mobile DJs and more. Kontrol S-4 is thoughtfully laid out with ergonomic controls, Electromagnetic touch-sensitive jog wheels, an array of assignable software faders, transport controls and more.
The hardware is designed for plug-and-play operation, with Traktor Pro S4 software built in. All DJs need is a suitable laptop and audio files to begin mixing. In addition, the Kontrol S-4 is a high quality audio interface, capable of 24 Bit/96 kHz stereo audio. There are two inputs that are switchable between line and phono signal for connecting turntables or external CD decks.
- Highly integrated 4-deck Traktor controller and flagship software, all built by the same team
- Plug & play – all you need to start mixing is your computer and MP3s
- Hardware: 4-channel mixer with ergonomic layout, 2 high-res touch-sensitive jog wheels
- Built-in high-end 24-bit/96kHz low-latency audio interface with Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters and MIDI I/O
- 2 analog inputs with phono and mic preamps for hooking up turntables, CD players or external audio gear; RCA mic in, balanced 1/4″ TRS and unbalanced RCA master out
- Software: Traktor Pro S4 – pro features, supreme usability; features 4-deck mixing and effects, plus all-new Sample Decks and a powerful Loop Recorder
- Industry-leading Traktor engine ensures perfect sync and tight mixing – timecode control option coming soon!
- 2 customizable FX sections with over 25 performance effects for adding your own trademark sound
- Powerful MP3 management with iTunes integration and iPod compatibility Intuitive design, ready-made sample content and tutorial videos make it easy for new users to get started