The AKG Perception 170 small-diaphragm condenser microphone gives you the kind of quality performance and reliability you expect from AKG products, at an amazing value! The Perception 170 works great for everything from drum overheads to acoustic instruments and ensembles, and at this price, it's easy to pick up a pair for stereo miking applications. This cardioid-pattern mic includes a 20dB pad, and its incredibly clear, accurate sound and durable construction make it perfect for any mic locker. Get AKG quality for a great price with the Perception 170!
The AKG Perception Series includes the 120, 170, 220, and 420. Each model features a 20dB attenuation pad for an even wider range of miking capabilities including vocals, brass instruments, electric guitar amps and drums across multiple market applications of studio recording, live sound and broadcast. Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria, the entire Perception line offers AKG's signature sound quality captured in a rugged precision-tooled zinc/aluminum alloy body with a dent-resistant stainless steel grille screen.
A small-diaphragm performer
The Perception 170 is a small-diaphragm true condenser microphone offering outstanding build quality and excellent value. The lightweight diaphragm delivers outstanding clarity and transient response and conforms to AKG's stringent quality standards. Its half-inch small-diaphragm true condenser transducer brings AKG studio quality to the project studio and all other areas of recording. A switchable preattenuation pad enable the Perception 170 to be used close to sound sources delivering up to 155 dB SPL. The heavy-duty, all-metal chassis and reliable gold-plated XLR-type output make the Perception 170 an excellent choice for a variety of live sound applications, too.
AKG has been designing and building top-quality microphones for over 60 years, and they continue to put great effort into meeting the needs of modern engineers, producers, and artists. From new, budget-minded models to classic studio essentials, AKG puts quality into every microphone they produce. When you see the familiar logo on an AKG mic, you know it's made to do the job, and do it well.
AKG Perception 170 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone Key Features:
- Professional small-diaphragm, true condenser cardioid microphone
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation pad
- Heavy-duty, roadworthy, all-metal construction
- AKG sound quality
- Designed and engineered by AKG in Vienna, Austria
- Type: 0.5" diaphragm, externally polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/Pa (-38 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135/155dB SPL (0/-20dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: < 21 dB-A(IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: (A-weighted) 73dB (re 1 Pa)
- Preattenuation pad: 0dB, -20dB
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Current consumption: <=2 mA
- Power requirement: 48V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-type (pin #2 hot)
- Finish: Metallic blue